Teamwork is defined as a co-operative effort by a group or team to achieve a common goal.
These Team Building
training course materials have been put together to help develop participants’ team working skills. It will help them define a common goal, understand how they want to work together as a team and create an understanding of the behaviours required to develop better team performance. Therefore, it is relevant to all teams that require an element of teambuilding.
Training course contents:
In developing these Team Building training course materials, we did not attempt to create a ‘bonding’ session and we did not focus on team building as an ‘event’ that will leave the participants feeling positive about their work colleagues and sore from climbing trees! Instead, we have taken a pragmatic approach and focused on the actions and understanding we feel is important to help teams appreciate the benefits of a teamwork approach.
Having said this, there are plenty of activities throughout the team building session that will engage and enlighten the participants and ensure they enjoy the experience of learning about what makes effective teams. The Team Building training materials focus on the areas outlined below.
The main content of the training
Team Health Check
– This is delivered initially as pre-course work and forms the basis of the training. It helps participants focus on key areas of development within their teams
Purpose and Direction of the Team
– Helping the team develop a clear understanding of what it is they are trying to achieve whilst focusing on further team improvements
– Sensitively looks at the issue of leadership within the team and what can be done to improve this area. Also highlights the importance of supporting the leaders of the team through honesty and strong communication
Understanding Team Differences
– Helping the team to value team differences and learn how to make the most of the skills, abilities and styles. It specifically highlights what individuals are willing to work towards for the betterment of the team
– Identifying the important team processes, where there can be improvements and what can be done to ensure the processes are working for the team rather than the other way round.
– A challenging activity that helps the team focus on the importance of everyone having input, being heard and being open and honest. There is also a review of key communication skills and what makes for positive communication.
– A summarising session that works to apply the outputs from the day into actionable statements that the participants commit to.
This entire team building session revolves around developing actions and identifying improvements for the team. The participants will be challenged and work together to improve specific workplace issues. As with all Trainer Bubble courses, the team building training materials are interactive and engaging.
If you would like some team building games and activities to accompany these training course materials, please visit our free team building games section where you can download them for free.
Please note: As well as the usual contents of Trainer Bubble Training Packs, you will also receive a Team Health Check Questionnaire.
At this end of this team building training course your participants will be able to: