Certification on Financial Literacy
Course: 50 hours
1. Understanding Personal Finance
a. Path to financial security and time value of money.
2. Financial Statements, Tools, and Budgets
a. Managing your flows and reviewing your statements.
3. Managing Income Taxes
a. Income tax basics.
4. Building and Maintaining Good Credit
a. Credit basics.
5. Managing Risk
a. Risk management basics and insurance overview.
6. Investment Fundamentals
a. Rules of investing; Debt and equity.
7. Investing Through Mutual Funds
a. Mutual funds and managed portfolios; create a personal investment plan.
8. Personal Plan of Action
a. Putting your personal plan together.
1. Section I - Economic Basics
a. The Four Factors of Production and their Rewards
b. Candy Bar Economics
2. Section II - Taxing and Spending
a. Local Taxes: Where Does All The Money Go?
b. State Taxes: Why Do We Pay the State?
c. Economic Investment in a Community: A Case Study
d. Is There Such a Thing as a Good Tax?
3. Section III - Money Management
a. Dream Life
b. Family Financial Project
4. Section IV - Savings and Investment
a. Investment: Does Money Grow?
5. Section V – Credit
a. Credit: Friend or Foe?
b. Read the Fine Print
6. Section VI – Insurance
a. Insuring Against Risk
b. Insurance: Do We Need It?
7. Section VII – Banking
a. Banks and Consumer Services
b. No Rubber Checks